Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Finding Your Passion

While I am passionate about education and I am passionate about the paralegal field, I struggle with figuring out my strongest passion as it relates to my career.  So many questions run through my mind -- How do I want to spend my days?  Do I want to continue working for a large corporation, dealing with office politics?  Do I want to change jobs and work for a law firm?  Or do I want to start my own freelance business?  Am I strong enough and confident enough (and smart enough) to pull it off? 

On the radio talk show, "Girlfriend We Gotta Talk!" (Sunday, March 20, 2011), Kerry Hannon (journalist, author, speaker) discussed the importance of finding one's passion. Her topic was "What's Next For My Career?"  One of the things Kerry mentioned was determining what you are good at and what you enjoy doing.  Knowing these things will help you find your passion.  But most importantly, you must have confidence in and believe in yourself.

2 comments:

  1. This is very true. You will also do much better at something you feel strongly about. Starting a business is like having a child. Tough initially but brings a ton of pleasure and joy to your life. I will have to check out that radio show also. DO you know if it is recorded or there is a podcast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can download the recording at http://www.girlfriendwegottatalk.com/. There are a lot of other great recordings as well. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews